History

David L. Henderson and his wife Shirley launched Henderson, Inc. in 1957. The company’s first project was a water tower foundation for the city of Williamsburg. During the following two decades, Henderson became a builder of choice for the College of William and Mary and Colonial Williamsburg, helping further transform the town into a major tourist destination.

In 1979, David passed the reins of Henderson to his son Pete and his daughter-in-law Connie. Not long after, the company began a lasting relationship with Busch Gardens, constructing some of the park’s most recognizable buildings and a number of impressive rides like Roman Rapids and Griffon.

In the last decade, Henderson continued expanding services to include every phase of construction: from vision to final walkthrough. Our “fingerprint” can now be seen from Maryland to North Carolina, and especially in the Williamsburg and tri-cities area.

Vice-Presidents Leslie H. Schultz (granddaughter of founder David Henderson) and James Neilson serve on the executive team. They remain as committed to the company’s core values as the day Henderson first opened its doors.